Activities illegal by Federal and State law are not permitted. Any such activities will be reported to the authorities, and results in immediate and permanent expulsion from the Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
All participants, player and Staff alike, are expected to treat each other in a friendly manner on Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
social media, and in person at Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
events. Everyone who attends a Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
event should feel welcome and safe, and play free of harassment, discrimination, and intimidation based on, but not limited to, a player's gender, sexual preferences, race and culture, politics, religion, and financial income. If you are making another player feel uncomfortable or unsafe in any way or your behavior is offensive, you will be asked to stop and receive a Warning. "Acting as your character" is not an excuse as we do not allow character backgrounds involve triggering topics such as sexual assault. If you do not stop the offending behavior or repeat the offense, you will be immediately and permanently expelled from the Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
group. A permanent ban of known white supremacists/Nazi's, Missing Stairs, and Toxic LARPers is maintained by Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
There will be decisions made by Staff that will affect you and the game at some point. While Staff is always open to receive suggestions from the players, and Staff is not required to implement all suggestions, you are asked to trust that all decisions are for the benefit of the game as a whole. If you disagree with the decisions of Staff, present alternative solutions in a constructive manner. We always strive to make Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
a better game and listen to our players. However, if you simply don't like how the game is run, then perhaps this isn't the game for you.
Assume alcohol is not permitted at Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
events as a permit is required for alcohol on-site and we do not get one for our weekend events. However, there may be events where we do allow alcohol and those events will be clearly marked. If you are found to be too intoxicated to participate in the game in a safe manner, you will be pulled from play until you are sober and given a Warning.
Intentionally cheating the rules in the Galaxy Awaits Rule Book
and the intent of this game for your personal benefit does not make for a fun game for anyone else. Common practices of cheating include but are not limited to:
- Rhino-hiding - where you continue to stand after your character has taken too much damage.
- Turtling - hiding behind a shield where your body cannot be struck in a safe manner.
- Gibbering - stringing together Signature Calls too quickly. Your opponent needs a few seconds to react between each statement.
- Ignoring/Changing Rules - knowingly ignoring rules or using the rules not as intended to the benefit of your character or story.
- Loopholes - using a loophole in the rules to the benefit of your character or story. Loopholes should be reported to Staff.
- Meta-gaming - where you learn In-Game information while outside an event or In-Game area of our website, but bring that info into the game as if your character learned it somehow. However, Out-of-Game conversations during Game Hours at an event in a designated In-Game area can be taken In-Game by anyone who hears it. Any area of our website intended for In-Game use will be clearly marked.
You will be given a Warning for the first time you intentionally cheat, but the second time results in immediate and permanent expulsion from the Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
PAUSING THE GAME
Used for emergencies, such as possible injury, anyone can call "Stand Down" to pause the game. All players are expected to immediately stop playing the game and stay in their spot while the situation is resolved by a Staff member. Once everything is okay, Staff will call a "3, 2, 1 Lay on" and the game continues.
There are two instances where you may be touched as part of the rules of the game:
- Combat - if another player initiates combat with you, you will be touched by a foam weapon, or shot with a foam dart.
- Effects - some effects require players to touch their intended target player on the shoulder, hand, forearm, shin, or foot while speaking a special sentence that describes the inflicting effect.
Touching another player, outside the above rules requirements, without their express permission is not allowed. If you absolutely do not want to be touched by anyone for any reason, you may wear a yellow armband signifying you are a Non-Combatant as detailed in the Galaxy Awaits Rule Book
FADE TO BLACK
This game may explore dark and violent concepts inflicted on characters, such as torture, that some players may not be comfortable with. If you observe such a scene, you may simply leave. If your character is the target of said violence, you may call for a "Fade to black" which means the scene immediately ends and it is assumed your character had fallen unconscious. This is not intended to allow you to break the policies above, and may not be used to escape your character from In-Game consequences.
If you are expelled from Galaxy Awaits: Rise of an Empire
, you are not entitled to a refund of event fees and donated funds.